Best eBook Deals & Download PDF The Strengths Model: A Recovery-Oriented Approach to Mental Health Services
Presenting a compelling alternative to the traditional medical approach, The Strengths Model demonstrates an evidence-based approach to helping people with a psychiatric disability identify and achieve meaningful and important life goals. Since the first edition of this classic textbook appeared, the strengths model has matured into a robust vision of mental health services. Both a philosophy of practice and a specific set of tools and methods, the strengths model is designed to facilitate a recovery-oriented partnership between client and practitioner. This completely revised edition charts the evolution of the strengths model, reviews the empirical support behind it, and illustrates the techniques and values that guide its application.
Features new to this edition:
- An extensive update of the strengths literature, focusing on recovery as the dominant paradigm in mental health services
- Richly drawn case vignettes demonstrating the application of methods
- Integration of empirical research and consumers' own experiences
- Completely updated strengths assessment and fidelity scales
- In-depth discussions and examples guide practitioners from theory to applied practice
- Descriptions of how to teach and successfully supervise large-scale implementations of strengths model work
For social workers and other mental health specialists working with clients to move beyond the disabling effects of mental illness to a life filled with meaning, purpose, and identity, this remains the crucial text.
The Strengths Model: A Recovery-Oriented Approach to Mental Health Services
Find and Download Book
- Try another server.
- Try to reload page — press F5 on keyboard.
- Clear browser cache.
- Clear browser cookies.
- Try other browser.
- If you still getting an error — please contact us and we will fix this error ASAP.